Our dental team goes to great lengths to protect each and every patient’s health and safety. We follow CDC and OSHA approved techniques. We welcome any questions you may have about our infection control procedures. As our patient, you have the right to know what our procedures include:
– All clinical staff involved in patient care, scrub their hands before each patient and use appropriate disposable protection such as gloves, masks, etc.
– A new set of gloves and masks are used for each patient.
– Before a patient is brought in to a treatment room, all surfaces such as the chair, instrument tray, drawer handles, countertops, etc. have been cleaned and decontaminated.
– Our dental instruments and hand-pieces (drills) are cleaned and sterilized between every patient. An ultrasonic cleaner is used to remove debris from the instruments. We use an autoclave sterilizer, which involves high pressure saturated steam at 250 degrees F.
– Our Autoclave sterilizer is tested daily to assure effective sterilization.
– The instrument processing area is physically separate from our treatment rooms to prevent any cross contamination.
– Disposable, single-use sharps such as needles, blades, etc. are placed in special containers for special, monitored disposal.
Your well-being is important to Dr. Lais and our staff which is why we follow stringent infection control procedures and comply with all state regulations for the protection of our patients.